The following guidelines have been set for the allocation of the award:
- The full amount is to be used to assist a single swimmer improve their performance by way of coaching with a swim club registered with Swimming NSW.
- Only financial members are eligible.
- The recipient must not be in receipt of any other assistance, grants or scholarships for swimming.
- The award will be effective for a twelve month period, and must be used for the whole calendar year and not just intensive course/s.
- To retain the benefit, the recipient must agree to continual commitment to swimming such as attendance at club and parents/s attend and/or report on progress at monthly meetings at Youth Club.
- The family commits to assisting at race meetings, which can extend to taking up a committee position.
- Funds are to be used for coaching and directly related expenses.
- To be eligible the applicants must qualify for squad training at lap level and be capable to train for a full hour session.
The judge is to be independent of the swim club, members and committee. However, this person may be chosen by the committee and given guidelines and their decision is final.
The Judge will be asked to determine who is likely to benefit most from the award balanced with a level of commitment,. The Judge will likely interview applicants and parents at a swim club session and also view applicants swimming.
For further details relating to ongoing award eligibility please download the terms and conditions.